EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR Reports to: Chamber Board of Directors
The Executive Director guides the activities of the Chamber to promote business, industrial and job development, and civic improvements in the community by performing the essential functions of the position. The main focus will be membership growth and member retention in Erath County and surrounding areas. Must work well with the public and perform other duties as required/assigned in accordance with policies and procedures. Serves as the liaison between the Chamber Board of Directors and the business community, local government and professional organizations.
Membership Retention and Growth
- Communicates with existing and new businesses to increase membership, hears business concerns, and encourages active participation at chamber events.
- Establishes a personal rapport with potential and current members through regular communication e. phone calls and visits.
- Maintains updated list of current membership with necessary contact information.
- Ensures board goals for acquiring new members are met and provides a monthly report to the board on the status of those activities.
- Develops methods to solicit new members, manage and solicit corporate sponsorships, including assisting in development of appropriate sales materials that will enhance the recruitment effort.
Administration and Finance
- Prepares the annual budget; purchases all services and supplies necessary to operate the chamber within budgetary limits.
- Responsible for all accounting and bookkeeping for the chamber: Monitors member dues receivable; follows approved procedures to encourage payment of annual dues.
- Prepares agendas, appropriate financial reports and other attachments for the monthly board meeting.
- Prepares drafts and final copy for correspondence, minutes, reports, speeches and similar material. Responsible for maintaining Board minutes and records.
- Maintains a functional office with special emphasis on providing a professional business office environment.
- Employment, training and supervision of staff.
- Interpretation of policy and long-range planning.
- Works with the board in identifying fund raising activities or sources of funds for the chamber.
- Grants, responsible for finding funding opportunities for the chamber and writing polished proposals to earn grant money. Duties include researching deadlines, drafting grant requests and submitting reports for approval.
Event Coordination and Development
- Coordinates and assists the board in the design and execution of projects and events to enhance the community and encourage trade, tourism and industry in the Erath County and surrounding areas.
- Assists committee chairs with critical timelines; provides necessary and appropriate support; participates in all chamber sponsored events.
- Organizes and leads the set up for committee meetings, notifying members, typing and mailing agendas and minutes to the board, prior board meetings and reminding members of scheduled meetings.
- Responsible for setting up special membership events, producing membership communications and maintaining membership records. Monthly Lunch and Network, quarterly mixers and annual banquet.
- Coordinates ribbon cuttings, monthly general membership luncheons, WIN, and EBANG
- Maintains and updates program binders (physical and digital) for each of the chamber’s major events; making sure next year’s committee chairs have access to all information.
- Secures volunteers for the chamber and uses interpersonal skills to motivate and encourage their participation through creating an Ambassador and Young Ambassador Program. (Director should manage volunteers but board could assist or handle recruitment)
Public Relations and Marketing
- Schedules and/or attends meetings of various groups within the business community and region, when such meetings may involve or affect the purpose and function of the chamber or projects related to the chamber; report involvement/ developments to the board.
- Attends conferences, seminars and other agency meetings approved by the board.
- Performs public relations duties and public speaking related to the chamber’s interests.
- Responsible for updating member’s information in the chamber’s website, E-News, Facebook, other media, monthly membership newsletter, and the monthly calendar.
- Social Media: Develops and creates content for all social media platforms, monitoring user engagement and analyzing feedback daily. Scheduling posts, engaging followers, responding to comments timely.
- Issues press releases and/or coordinates news releases with the local press, business clients and public officials.
- Develops publications, brochures, member materials and promotional literature for the chamber and the city in close collaboration with the Chamber Marketing Director
- Liaison between board and other Chamber of Commerce in the region to promote our businesses and events -create Trifecta marketing with Stephenville, Comanche and Deleon Chambers.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma Required
- Experience desired -at least 3 years previous Executive Chamber Director Experience or equivalent leadership experience.
- Experience desired – Two to five years of successful management and/or sales experience. Preferred experience with a Chamber.
- Other requirements – The ability to follow through on all matters with a minimum of supervision, and the skill to attend to details.
- Excellent communication skills, a positive attitude toward generating successful teamwork and professionalism.
- Organizational skills, results-oriented management skills, ability to plan and execute multiple tasks simultaneously while remaining Commitment to the organization’s mission.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Responsibilities and duties assigned are at the discretion of the Chamber Board of Directors.
The Dublin Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.